6 Methods for Effective Marketing on LinkedIn
1. Understand the difference between a LinkedIn Page and a LinkedIn Profile
If you need your connections to be able to see your business content instantly, it’s essential to have a LinkedIn Page. Whereas if you’re an individual service consultant or perhaps have a more distinguished approach regarding your business, then a LinkedIn Profile would suit you best.
2. Create a hashtag strategy
There is no better way than to use hashtags when you’re looking to leech your way into different industries and their audiences. This is all due to “How the LinkedIn algorithm functions”. What it does is show your ad to the audience who are following a set of specific hashtags. In case their interests match with yours (hashtags), they’ll instantly see your latest ads or posts on their timeline.
- Optimize your Page or Profile for search
- Link to your Page/Profile from your website
- Integrate popular keywords that match with your brand
- Frequently engage with your audience through sharing applicable content.
3. Emphasize your best content
Reach your audience by using LinkedIn’s comprehensive targeting feature. Gain followers by actively boosting relevant content and use conversion tracking to measure how many leads you get from your content posting.
4. Use Images and Videos to increase engagement
Short and long videos with additional subtitles generate approximately 24x more engagement than regular videos that don’t have any subtitles included. Image collages in a LinkedIn post can help to showcase exactly what makes your brand appealing and interesting.
5. Use Open Profile
Did you know that you could privately message people or businesses you’re not even connected to? By simply owning a premium LinkedIn account, you can become a member of the Open Profile network that allows you to reach other LinkedIn Members regardless of membership type.