The content marketing landscape of 2022 continues to become more complex, focusing on customer experience and strategy.
To navigate this space, your organization must prioritize content strategy and optimization of your content processes.
In this article, we will share key insights from Semrush’s State of Content Marketing 2022 Global Report.
New In 2022: Top 3 Content Marketing Trends For This Year
One of the top trends in content marketing for 2022 is a focus on getting more human.
It’s essential to optimize your content for both search engines and reader experience.
Improving your content’s overall quality and personalizing the experience for readers is key.
Another trend in content for 2022 is targeting.
Content marketers should focus on making decisions about what content to create based on research of their target audience.
As you research your target audience, discover their wants and needs, especially around search intent and content consumption.
B2B and B2C brands should experiment with more content types to target specific audiences.
Expand beyond blog posts and look into short-form video content to see increased traffic from search and engagement from viewers.
It’s also important to set measurable goals that can be reviewed on a regular basis.
This will ensure that your brand’s content strategy delivers desired results.
The brands that achieve their goals approach content marketing strategically.
Strategy and planning go into every decision in the content marketing process, from ideation to promotion.
New In 2022: Tactics To Make Your Content Marketing Strategy Successful
Do you know what efforts will lead to the best results?
According to our report, the following are the top tactics that led to content marketing successes:
- Improving the quality of our content (55%).
- Search engine optimization (46%).
- Creating more video and visual content (41%).
Here are some tips on how to optimize your content for increased visibility in search engines results and improved reader experience:
- Create a title that tells readers what to expect.
- Tell a story with your heading tags.
- Add links to relevant content on your website.
- Add links to relevant external resources that help the reader navigate between your advice and taking action.
- Maintain a consistent and relevant tone of voice.
- Improve overall readability using tools like the SEO Writing Assistant.
- Focus on providing useful content and original research. This is the only way to differentiate yourself from the growing competition.
New In 2022: This Year’s Key Content Marketing Goals
Creating goals for your marketing campaigns is an essential step in ensuring their success.
The top three key content marketing goals measured by content marketers include:
Some ways to increase brand awareness through content marketing include the following:
- Create non-branded, searchable content to capture the attention of people who are not familiar with your brand but are seeking more information about a relevant topic.
- Publish on other websites in your industry that already have a large readership that matches your target audience.
- Diversify your content across blog posts, videos, podcasts, webinars, whitepapers, case studies, etc. This will allow you to capture audiences at all stages of the buyers’ journey.